• Assure minimal rejection, defects, and waste on the machine.
• Understand the plant’s basic work flow and help produce required production efficiencies.
• Interpret quantity/size requirements as well as visually inspect glass for noticeable defects, location of holes and notches as noted on tickets and sketches.
• Measure each piece of glass to assure correct size.
• Must be able to visually inspect glass for noticeable defects so as to ensure Virginia Mirror quality product at the start of the production process.
• Inspect each piece of glass for defects based on company quality standards.
• Keep machine free of broken glass, trash, or other items that may hinder optimum machine performance.
• Operate vacuum lifting equipment and overhead cranes.
• Employee must keep work area clean and free of broken glass at all times.
• Preform general maintenance and cleaning of the machine.
• Maintain accurate reports required by management.
• Understanding of powered machinery, and have aptitude to operate the machinery in a safe manner that will assure required quality products for the customer
• May be assigned additional duties on a temporary or permanent basis as required by production management.
• Must be able to handle mobile transport suction lifting equipment and roller conveyors and have a reasonable knowledge of weight balance.
· Heavy lifting is not required for this operation but if working in any other areas a minimum weight limit of 50 lbs. could be required.
· Average reading and writing ability.